Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dunkin Donuts is Now on My List

This morning, I was in such a mood for a latte that I skipped my usual bowl of cereal and stopped by the local Dunkin' Donuts (located on Merrick and Farmers, for anyone familiar with Queens). After standing on the ridiculously long line (which was moving surprisingly fast) I picked up my latte and a bagel.

I really didn't pay close attention to the specific prices....from past experience, I know the bagel is $1 and the drink is around 2+ bucks, so a total of $3 and change isn't completely off. However, when I look at my receipt, I notice that I'm not just being charged $1 for the bagel, but also was charged 25 cents for butter. You heard me right, not cream cheese or some other fancy spread, but for a simple pat of butter....which begs the question: WHO THE HELL CHARGES TO PUT BUTTER ON A BAGEL?! It's not like I asked for extra butter or a slab of butter on the side. And 25 cents? Seriously, butter is not hard to come by and it's relatively inexpensive.

What are they going to think of next? Why not charge seperately for the sugar and milk they put in the coffee? "Okay sir, that will be $1.50 for the coffee...oh you want milk and sugar too...might as well splurge, I suppose.....well, then that's $2, sir. Cash or credit?" Insane.

I see no reasoning behind a 25 cent charge, and until I get a better answer than a shrug of the shoulders by an employee "just following store policy", Dunkin' Donuts is on My List....right up there with The Gap and Old Navy until they get their child labor allegations cleared up. I never shopped at the Banana Republic, anyway.

No comments: