Monday, October 29, 2007

Is it Just Me?


Since I don't have cable, I am restricted to the 3 or 4 (depending on the time of day) channels that I can pick up with my antennae. I'm not a big TV fan these days due to the "reality-based" garbage that now passes for entertainment, but I'll usually tune into a few decent shows. After my 11pm Family Guy fix (and during the commercials), I tune into Law & Order. I swear this has to be the best ridiculous show ever! (Take it easy Law & Order fans...I'm on your side.)

Let me explain: I've been watching all of the different versions of this show for a few years, and it's actually one of my favorite shows. The only thing I find ridiculous is the way the show ends. IT ENDS THE SAME WAY 99.9% OF THE TIME! The guilty party confesses.

Now, I'm no legal expert (and, that's another story for another day) but I'm just not buying 2 detectives getting all these confessions from circumstantial evidence EVERY SINGLE TIME. I dunno. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 1 hour show. I get that it's not a full length movie and that the show is more about the "how" and "why" than "who", but would it kill them to mix it up a little?

Speaking of movies, do they make any under 5 hours long anymore? I mean, am I the only one who doesn't want to take a leave of absence just to watch a damn movie?!

No comments: